Thursday, July 29, 2010

Welcome

Ok. I know what you're all thinking - Shar Gorgiiss is a rock 'n' roll party girl - so why all the fitness mumbo-jumbo? Because she does a weekly party at the Skinny? Not quite, my fine-feathered readers.

I could easily say that old cheesy adage "looking good is feeling good".. Instead, I'll impart a true tale from the my earliest party-girl days.

When I was in high school, I because close with a girl (let's call her Missy) I'd known from pre-kindergarten ballet classes. Missy introduced me to nightlife, which basically claimed me as its own when I was in 11th grade.

Anyway, her mom had sustained a car accident-related injury and always wore a neck brace. Her family lived in a dilapidated house. Once they got the settlement for an amount undisclosed to me (which was annoying considering how close I was with them, but anyway), the brace came off, her family fixed the house (including adding an indoor pool), and got luxury cars. They went from having a creepy shanty to the nicest mansion in the area .

Now there was money for trips, clothes, and anything else they needed. Missy had an exquisite wedding a few years later. They had it all except one thing my friend confided in me.

"Her pain will never stop," Missy lamented.

I could list tons of examples like this to further elucidate my point, but I think ya get it. You can have all the riches in the world, but you're nothing without your health. Of course, no amount of proper diet or exercise can prevent a permanent, unforeseen injury (although it may make it easier to heal: I'm a blogger - not a doctor). As for Missy, she's now a mom in Long Island, and we drifted apart shortly after her wedding. One of us had to carry the torch.

Speaking of which, I got a party to run tonight...more on that tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home