Friday, August 27, 2010

Easy AND Vegan Facial THAT WORKS!!!

Last night, on the L train to Public Assembly for my hard rock party, Hipsterwrecktomy, I overheard the girl next to me telling her friend how she likes to use an overripe avocado as a moisturizer. I chimed in (I couldn't help myself - it's who I am) and told them that sounded amazing, but it would probably be better if it was organic, to which they agreed.

However, I thought that might be oily, and what to do for acne? She suggested egg whites, which of course, being vegan, I shuddered - but only on the inside. I merely mentioned my lifestyle and suggested using ground flax seeds with water instead.

Lo and behold, this morning I found an unbecoming blemish below the right side of my lip, and decided to put it to the test. I've also read that rosemary has great cleansing powers, so I threw some in, too.

THE RESULTS

My skin has never felt softer, and the repugnant rosy mark - practically non-existent. And it smells really good!

HOW TO:
1 T flaxseeds (organic if you can)
1 T rosemary (again, organic if possible)
¼ cup water (filtered is preferred, obvz)

Grind these together in a Magic Bullet (that's what I have), blender, or even a coffee grinder. Put on a thin layer (it dries more quickly) until pasty and dry (duh). Rinse. FYI - these all work fine even if the seeds or rosemary are not organic or if the water isn't filtered.

♪♥♪ shar gorgiiss

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home