Thursday, September 30, 2010

Easy cauliflower soup

Yeah, it's soup season. My mother made a different version of this when I was a kid with butter (which I obviously wouldn't eat now). Here's mine:

One head of cauliflower
2-3 carrots
5 or 6 mushrooms (unless you're allergic)
chopped garlic
Scallions
Your favorite oil (mine is toasted sesame, extra virgin olive oil also works)
Cilantro, dill, or parsley (whichever you prefer)

Fill a soup pot with water. Add ingredients until soft. Purée in blender. Top with ground sea salt and pepper. This produces many servings. Share with friends!

Ok, so...I saw on NY1 today that tiger cubs were born in the Bronx Zoo recently. My friend Alex who plays guitar in NYC rock band Atom Strange (www.atomstrange.com ) jokingly warned that they feed hot rock chicks to lions and tigers. I responded that I must be safe, then. He asked if I was fishing for compliments. My answer: "Vegans don't fish! We search...as we do for items on the menu we'll eat or for restaurants in a new city!"

Who said vegans don't have a sense of humor (albeit corny)? ♥♪

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home